Ango means “peaceful dwelling.” It is a traditional period of intensified Zen practice.
At the Village Zendo, our 90-day winter ango begins on December 26th, the first day of our year-end meditation retreat. Ango concludes in late March with Urban Sesshin and Shuso Hossen. The shuso (practice leader) for Winter Ango 2016 is Tim Kanshô Reynolds.
In conjunction with Roshi Enkyo O’Hara, the shuso has developed a commitment form to guide our practice. If you would like to formally enter Winter Ango, please complete the form and submit it*. This confirms your intention to intensify your practice during ango. You may wish to review your commitment form with a VZ teacher.
• December 26 – January 1: Year End Retreat at the Garrison Institute
• Saturday, January 14: Zazenkai 8 am – 8 pm
• Saturday February 11: Zazenkai 8 am – 8 pm
• March 15-17 : Urban Sesshin
• Saturday March 18: Zazenkai, 8:15 am – 5:30 pm, including Hansaku Gyo Cha ceremony
• Sunday March 19: Shuso Hossen ceremony for Tim Kanshô Reynolds, 9:30 am – noon
Note that you do not need to attend our winter retreat at the Garrison institute to participate in our Winter Ango 2016-17. Please join us in this time of intensified practice and commitment.
*You may email us the text or scan of your commitment form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in the office at the Zendo or at our winter retreat in Garrison. Commitment forms will be read by Roshi and Shuso.
Photo: Winter Labyrinth by Oshin Jennings
For additional information contact email@example.com