Support the Village Zendo
Your generosity enables us to:
- Hold workshops focused on racism, disability and issues of social justice that are critical in our world right now.
- Support inmates at Sing Sing by providing dharma talks, interviews, and holding a space for them to deepen their practice.
- Offer classes on the practice of Zen, the precepts, the sutras and other teachings.
- Host our Summer Ango, a vital retreat experience for the community.
- Train the next wave of Zen practitioners in the art of liturgy and inspire them to carry our sacred traditions forward.
Most importantly, you make it possible to hold a peaceful space in our hectic city, a sanctuary of nourishment and wholeness that fosters community and a sense of belonging.
Roshi offers thoughts from Dogen and a koan about spilled tea — to encourage us to show up and take responsible action.
How our practice helps in troubled times.
The subtle inner and outer revolution that comes from our practice.
Joshin looks at how ignorance of reality produces suffering: only in facing it can we liberate it.
In this Sunday’s Dharma talk, Bokushu examines our relationship to the things we discard in life.
Roshi describes how our Zen practice can liberate us from default thinking.
Like us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest videos.