What To Bring To Summer Ango At The Grail
The weather at the Grail during August can range from sweltering to rather cool. If you are coming for a week, check the forecast; for the month, be prepared for both extremes.
For clothing consider bringing:
- Sitting robe and rakusu if you have them. Dark colored comfortable clothes if you don’t.
- Slide-on shoes or sandals will make outdoor kinhin (walking meditation) easier for you.
- Comfortable work clothes or samué.
- Clothes for exercise or yoga.
- A swimsuit might be useful if you are staying the month.
- Wide brimmed hat to shade you from the sun.
Along with your usual toiletries and any necessary medications consider bringing
- An alarm clock
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Hand mirror
- Sun glasses
- Oryoki bowls if you have them
The following are supplied, but you may wish to have your own. If so, be sure to label with your name:
- Towel and washcloth
- Yoga mat