Jan. 13, 2011 - Posted by enkyoroshi in: Blog - Comments Off
Contemplative Care Retreat at Garrison: Five Reflections
The sun casts a rosy glow on the snow here as we prepare a
four-day retreat for Chaplaincy Students. We’ll reflect on these facts:
1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape
2. I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to
escape having ill health.
3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape
4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the
nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape
the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand.
- from the Upajjhatthana Sutta